Tuesday 16 July 2013

More inspiring than 8 Mile with Eminem

>Did 6 mile hike this morning with the wife
>First three miles all up hill, pretty steep, then turn back the way you came
>Wife mentions to me how it's strange you only see young fit people doing it, but older (50+) folks of all sizes
>Keep looking for younger larger people, wife is right, none in sight
>Get to end, cool little stream/pond area
>Watching the birds drink at the pond
>Landwhale, 20ish, must have been 350, lumbers into view, ripples in pond, birds fly in fear
>Sits next to us, starts talking to us
>"It took me five hours to make it here, but I'm determined. I'm determined to change, I'm counting calories, I'm doing this hike every Sunday, and I'm going to change."
>Good fucking job fatty, best hike I've had in a long time.

True story

No comments:

Post a Comment