Sunday 30 March 2014

How to these hamplanets even reacto to being handled like this? You described it fairly clinical and neutral but if I was in the position of the hambeast I'd be fucking ashamed to need help like that. Hell, I'd buy myself some gloves so I could at leasttake hold of those wheel-things and brake the descent a bit.

>worked at nursing home
>get this one whale
>double wide wheelchair
>I have to push this mound that is roughly 3 times my own size
>out a double-door that does NOT open automatically, the door is too narrow so I need to open both at the same time
>If go forwards, can't open in front of the wheelchair I'm behind
>If go backwards, the doors will slam into the whale's legs, I'll get in trouble
>god bless nurses, one sees me and opens the doors for me
>next up
>a hill
>an uphill
>drawing vector diagrams in my head
>axis at angle
>down/backward component of gravity nearly exceed forwards component of my pushing force
>throw my back into it, abdomen against back of wheelchair
>seat is some sort of double-reinforced fabric
>which means it's bulging out from the mass on the other side of it
>well, that's what scrubs are for
>haul this beast up the hill like Sisyphus
>but wait
>coming back the same way
>take wheelchair down the hill backwards so the lardtub doesn't just fall out of it
>constant exertion to control descent
>warning: thrusters reaching critical
>error, error
>one side of chair gaining more speed than other
>starts tilting
>ah fuck no
>use body to bump it back level
>look down
>part of its shirt that is bulging over the containing wall of the wheelchair's seat is completely soaked in sweat
>scrubs are short sleeved
>contact established

>scrub myself raw when I get home

No comments:

Post a Comment