Wednesday 27 August 2014

There would be more, but I cracked up at this point and feminist girl turned her aggression at me.

> Be in college
> One classmate is female fitness model - fantastic ass, not "bulky" and she can into physiology
> One classmate is super-skinny feminist commie asian girl
> Fitness girl is having a conversation with two other girls about fitness
> Explaining how girls shouldn't be afraid of weights, they won't get bulky, squats and lunges, etc.
> Explaining diet is everything
> Says, "Back when I used to be chubby and I hated my body..."
> "STOP right there!"
> Enter skinny feminist, stage right
> "Don't encourage these girls to hate their bodies!"
> This gon be good
Let's see if I can get this from memory...
>"You're perpetuating gendered notions privileging thin body types over equally-healthy plus-size bodies, and reinforcing the patriarchal control men have over women's bodies as objects of desire rather than as vessels for our own social justice."
That translates to, "You're encouraging these girls to be thin, and I'm going to speculate that you think women exist only to please men. This makes you evil."
> Fitness girl has apparently seen this shit before
> "I'm encouraging them to take control of their own bodies through self-mastery and proven nutritional knowledge. What they do with that information is up to them, and I only hope that it makes them happy."
> Skinny feminist begins, "But - "
> Fitness girl interrupts. "I can squat two hundred and five pounds. How is that traditionally feminine? How does that not break stereotypes?"


No comments:

Post a Comment