Sunday 28 April 2013

You don't need celebrities for role-models


>Heading into walmart for my latest serving of cheap meat brought to you by Monsanto and DuPont
>Ahead of me, small celestial body waddles up and takes the last moterized cart
>Hear off to my right a young woman say, 'Excuse me ma'am, could we please use that, my husband really needs it.'
>Without bothering to look, she goes 'No way! He should have gotten here first!'
>I turn to look, some guy, mid twenties wearing dogtags and a army tee, with a goddamn plastic leg
>The elderly door greeter says to her, 'Miss, I think that guy really needs that.'
>She starts throwing a shitfit, the soldier guy is telling his wife to hush, today is okay he can walk okay.
>Motofatty tries to pull away, I've had enough, I step in front of her and tell her if she doesn't get up and fucking walk I'll dump her out of the goddamn cart.

Let me just preface this by saying, I'm no badass. I'm just some suburban white kid who likes to work out. It didn't really matter that this guy was in the military, it mattered that he'd lost a damn leg and had trouble getting around, and WOULD PROBABLY GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE TWO FUNCTIONING LEGS LIKE THIS FAT BITCH HAS BUT DECIDED NOT TO USE.

>Hambulocletus starts to shout about calling the cops, I still hold on to the cart.
>She finally gets up and fumbles about in her purse for her phone while the young couple take the cart and go shopping.
>I go get my meat when some cop comes up to me and asks me what happened. I tell him the whole ordeal and he says, 'Okay. That old guy at the door said pretty much the same thing. He wanted me to tell you thanks, he's a vet apparently.'

I've rarely felt feels this good

No comments:

Post a Comment