Saturday 27 April 2013

Is being fat a disability?


>In optometrist office in my college town.
>bring my own script in, for contacts
> massive ham planet is on the phone, with customer.
> so fat that the arm resets on the office chair have been removed
> castors strain under the weight
> chair won't roll,
> hammy needs a patient file, turns around in groaning chair, uses mechanical clasper thing to get file.
>halls it back to her, opens desk, I assume to get pen, instead bag of mini snickers, begins eating them while talking on phone to customer.
> other office work enters, asks if I need help.
>tell her what I want.
>" oh Sandy handles all the contacts, she will be with you when she gets off the phone, just come wait around the corner here."
> walk around corner, get better view of desk, mountain of wrappers, 1L diet coke.
>Sandy gets off phone. Asks what I need, explain again.
> gets up, and has to waddle to other desk, (to start a file for me)
> this desk chair has arms, she tried to sit down.
> oh god! The chair , I don't know how it did it but it held her, kind of. 1/3 of her ass is in the chair, the other 2/3 is hanging off the sides, as she sits on the arm rests.
>orders my lenses, asks me for payment
>hand her card, that I know won't swipe, tell her.
> oh, well we will just have you pay when they get in. ( sign states all orders must be paid day of order)
> look around, realize that the credit card manual terminal is on other side of office, and Sandy won't walk all of 20' to run my card.
>what ever.
>as I'm walking out, other office worker gets a call, tells Dr. that patient X is in the parking lot, and wants to pick up her glasses.
>" oh its raining, and she is disabled" states receptionist.
> Dr walks out with her glasses, I follow, on the way to my car.
>my car is blocked in by disabled person
> Look into the car blocking me in.
>see this disabled "person"
> fattest ham beast I have ever witnessed, in a mumu, so fat, she has arm controls for car, and a bench seat.
> disabled...

No comments:

Post a Comment